COBIT 5 Classroom Style Video Courses
License does not become active until first login so feel free to buy now and activate later
The individual class portfolio provides students the option to purchase their certification training one class at a time. Each class come with a 90 day license which begins only after the first login. When the license expires students can renew the license or switch to a month to month program.
Buy Now $250
This APMG Accredited course looks at the drivers for this latest version of COBIT, the five basic principles on which COBIT 5 is founded and the enablers for governance and management of enterprise IT which support the integration between the goals, objectives, controls and processes of the business and IT. The course includes an introduction to COBIT 5 implementation and the concepts relating to the Process Assessment Model.
Video Training Features
- 4.5 hours of instructor led video presentations,
- Printable online student workbook
- Membership in our support community – My itSM Mentoring Community™.
Attendees can expect to gain knowledge in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certificate:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 product architecture
- The 5 key principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model help guide the creation of the 5 principles and the 7 governance and management enablers
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- The COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate.
The course also prepares attendees for the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination which can be taken online using a web cam to connect to a remote proctor.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for business managers, chief executives, IT/IS auditors, internal auditors, information security and IT practitioners, consultants and IT/IS managers requiring an insight into the enterprise governance of IT and who may also be requiring certification as a COBIT 5 implementer or assessor.
Exam & Certification
The course also prepares attendees for the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination which can be taken online using a web cam to connect to a remote proctor. The qualification is based on a 40 minute closed-book examination of 50 multiple choice questions. This qualification is also a mandatory pre-requisite for further COBIT 5 Implementation and Assessor training courses.
There are no specific pre-requisites for attendees wishing to participate in the course but it is assumed that attendees will have a basic understanding of IT and IT concepts. Students must complete an itSM Solutions Cobit 5 Video or Classroom class before a Cobit 5 exam voucher can be purchased.
18 PDU Credits
Overview and key features of COBIT 5
- The drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business needs of the enterprise and the benefits provided by COBIT 5.
The COBIT 5 Principles
- Introduction to the framework principles, enablers and the process reference model
- Principle 1 – Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the enterprise end-to-end
- Principle 3 – Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management.
The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organizational structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics and behavior
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills and competencies.
An Introduction to COBIT 5 Implementation
- The lifecycle model
- Internal and external factors that influence change
- Typical pain points and trigger events that drive change
- The importance and good practice of the business case.
The Process Capability Model (The Process Assessment Model)
- Introduction to the Process Capability Model based on ISO 15504
- The concepts and scope of Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model
- Sample paper and review
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries