CobiT 5 Classroom Training
tSM Solutions professionally produced classroom training programs are delivered by an certified instructor in a physical or virtual (webinar) classroom. Instructor can be provided as part of a turn-key classroom solution or can be provided by the client.
Classroom programs come with student workbooks, checkpoints, sample exams and in some cases PDU credits. Onsite, online or testing center exam services are available for most ITSM training programs. Programs include:
CobiT 5.0 Foundation Certification
A three day, APMG Accredited, course which looks at the drivers for this latest version of COBIT, the five basic principles on which COBIT 5 is founded and the enablers for governance and management of enterprise IT which support the integration between the goals, objectives, controls and processes of the business and IT. The course includes an introduction to COBIT 5 implementation and the concepts relating to the Process Assessment Model.
Attendees can expect to gain knowledge in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certificate:
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 product architecture
- The 5 key principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model help guide the creation of the 5 principles and the 7 governance and management enablers
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- The COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate.
The course also prepares attendees for the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination which is typically included on the final afternoon of the course.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for business managers, chief executives, IT/IS auditors, internal auditors, information security and IT practitioners, consultants and IT/IS managers requiring an insight into the enterprise governance of IT and who may also be requiring certification as a COBIT 5 implementer or assessor.
Exam & Certification
The qualification is based on a 40 minute closed-book examination of 50 multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful attendees will be awarded the APMG COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. The qualification is a mandatory pre-requisite for further COBIT 5 Implementation and Assessor training courses.
Delivery & Duration
3-day public or single organization course
There are no specific pre-requisites for attendees wishing to participate in the course but it is assumed that attendees will have a basic understanding of IT and IT concepts.
18 PDU Credits
Overview and key features of COBIT 5
- The drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business needs of the enterprise and the benefits provided by COBIT 5.
The COBIT 5 Principles
- Introduction to the framework principles, enablers and the process reference model
- Principle 1 – Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the enterprise end-to-end
- Principle 3 – Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management.
The COBIT 5 Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organizational structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics and behavior
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills and competencies.
An Introduction to COBIT 5 Implementation
- The lifecycle model
- Internal and external factors that influence change
- Typical pain points and trigger events that drive change
- The importance and good practice of the business case.
The Process Capability Model (The Process Assessment Model)
- Introduction to the Process Capability Model based on ISO 15504
- The concepts and scope of Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model
- Sample paper and review
- Exam preparation
- The APMG COBIT 5 Foundation examination.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries